By including vocational and practical education in academic qualifications, building CPD points online makes learning conscious and proactive rather than passive and reactive. It’s crucial to continue to advance personally even after formal education is completed.
As a builder, you need to know what’s going on in the industry, and there are obvious advantages to keeping your skills refreshed. There are many building training courses If you want to stay ahead of the curve, completing continuous professional development courses is a must.
What is a builder’s CPD?
CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development. In short, CPD is the process of gaining the extra skills, knowledge and experience needed to keep up with changes in the building and construction industry It is the practice of remaining informed and current, which you can and ought to do constantly.
By giving people the chance to learn practically anything about building, including running a building firm, both formally and informally, CPD seeks to foster a learning culture in the house-building industry. Earning points is simply one aspect of CPD. CPD has always been about assisting you in maintaining your knowledge, skills, and awareness. The CPD programme was to be evaluated, as the Minister for Fair Trading requested in late 2006.
Following an independent assessment that involved talks with licensees, industry associations, training providers, and Fair Trading, suggestions were made to enhance and streamline the programme. Twelve points of CPD activity must be completed as of January 1, 2008. The previous model, which required CPD participants to complete 25 points annually and 100 points over three years, was replaced by this one. Builders and pool builders participate in CPD by attending classes or other learning opportunities that are provided.
Ways to get CPD points
To gain maximum value from your CPD activity, we recommended considering:
- What is the relevance of the activity to your current and/or future role?
- What are the intended learning outcomes?
- What benefits will be gained for you, your employer, your staff or your client/s?
- Are there long-term benefits to undertaking the activity?
Any activity that increases your knowledge, skills and ability to do your job can be included as CPD. This ensures CPD is relevant to your field of work and career plan.
Here are some examples of the types of CPD activities that you can record as CPD:
- conventions and conferences
- webinars, seminars and workshops
- discussion group meetings
- in-house learning
- tertiary and professional body courses
- researched/technical publications
- online learning
- reading, listening or watching media (maximum 10 hours each year)
- mentoring (maximum 10 hours each year)
What will CPD online do for you?
CPD can help you to reflect, review and document your learning and develop and update your professional knowledge and skills. It is also very useful to:
- provide an overview of your professional development to date
- remind you of your achievements and how far you’ve progressed
- direct your career and help you keep your eye on your goals
- uncover gaps in your skills and capabilities
- open up further development needs
- provide examples and scenarios for a CV or interview
- demonstrate your professional standing to clients and employers
- help you with your career development or a possible career change
Benefits of CPD Points
- Gain new skills and knowledge to achieve your development and career goals
- Remain up-to-date with technical, legislative and regulatory changes
- Build the knowledge and skills you need to excel in the competitive business environment
- Develop your reputation as a business leader
- Increase your value to your organisation and/or your clients
Builder CPD Points Online provides a range of training, services and events that can contribute to your CPD hours.
Why online CPD points are better
A CPD training course is the most well-known method of completing Continuing Professional Development and can vary in length from one day up to several days or over several weeks. Training courses will often be specific to one subject or offer skills in a particular area of industry.
Many people find completing their CPD points with BCP the most:
- This is a time-efficient way to stay ahead in the industry.
- It benefits you as a builder and your clients.
- The cheapest CPD points for builders in NSW.
- NSW HIA CPD approved
If you own your own business, CPD can ensure the standards across your company are consistently high. HIA NSW has been proudly representing the Australian housing industry for over seventy-five years.
How to complete Builder CPD Points online
After selecting the course you want, you can easily pay online, and your course will show up in your profile, ready to begin. Complete your course on your computer, tablet, or phone whenever it is convenient for you. Need to quickly run? You don’t have to start again. BCP will save your progress so you can get back to exactly where you left off. Once that’s all done, you are certified.
It was critical for Builders CPD Points online to create a platform that makes completing CPD courses simple, convenient, and cost-effective to gain CPD points without taking time off work or attending expensive seminars like Master Builders NSW.
BCP’s Builder CPD modules are simple to use and were created by builders for builders. There is a wide range of online courses for builders and topics to choose from, all of which contain valuable information that has been approved by the Office of Fair Trading. Some builder CPD point modules provide project management templates for processes that are applicable in real-world situations, which greatly assists builders.
What are our courses?
choose a course:
At BCP, we take your lifelong learning seriously. That’s why we offer several CPD courses online across a variety of areas, including:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Within the Building Industry
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Within the Building Industry Part 2
- Security of Payment
- Writing Safe Work Method Statements
- Builders Sales Training
- Training Creating and understanding Residential Building Contracts
- Effective Design Orientation
- Effectively managing project
- Construction project estimating
- Social Media Marketing for your business
- Organisation tools for success
- Work-life Balance how to achieve it
At Builders CPD Points Online, we’re committed to providing building and construction courses online – and the same applies to our CPD courses. Taking CPD points online allows you to make strides in your career without the hassle of taking time off from work. The best part? Our courses are simple, user-friendly, quick, and affordable.
Try out a course today!