The building industry is a dynamic industry that is constantly evolving, with new technologies, materials, and techniques emerging all the time. To stay current and competitive, it’s essential for builders to engage in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities.
CPD is a structured learning program designed to keep professionals up-to-date with the latest industry knowledge, trends, and regulations. It is an ongoing process of professional development that aims to enhance an individual’s skills, knowledge, and competencies, and is a requirement for many professional organizations and associations.
Benefits of CPD for Builders
- Improved Professionalism: CPD helps builders stay current with the latest building regulations, standards, and industry practices, which in turn enhances their professionalism and reputation.
- Career Advancement: Engaging in CPD activities can provide builders with new skills and knowledge that can help them advance their careers. For example, they can take courses on new building technologies or project management, which can help them win new contracts and increase their marketability.
- Increased Productivity: CPD helps builders keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date, which in turn leads to increased productivity and better work performance. They are better equipped to handle complex projects, use new technologies effectively, and work more efficiently.
- Networking Opportunities: CPD activities also provide builders with opportunities to network with other professionals in the industry. This can help them build relationships, share knowledge, and stay informed about new developments and opportunities.
- Staying Ahead of the Competition: Builders who engage in CPD activities are able to stay ahead of the competition by having a deeper understanding of new technologies, materials, and techniques. This allows them to offer their clients innovative and efficient solutions, and stay at the forefront of the building industry.
Types of CPD Activities for Builders
- Courses and Workshops: Builders can attend courses and workshops on various topics related to the building industry, such as new building technologies, project management, and energy efficiency.
- Conferences and Seminars: Conferences and seminars are another great way for builders to learn about new developments and trends in the building industry. They also provide opportunities to network with other professionals and share knowledge.
- Online Learning: With the increasing availability of online learning resources, builders can now complete CPD activities from the comfort of their own homes. There are many online courses, videos, and articles available on a wide range of building-related topics.
- On-the-Job Training: On-the-job training is also a great way for builders to develop their skills and knowledge. For example, they can take part in mentorship programs, or work on complex projects that challenge them to learn new skills.
- Industry Association Memberships: Joining industry associations such as the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) or the Institute of Builders (IOB) provides builders with access to CPD activities, as well as networking and support from industry peers.
CPD Points System
Many professional organizations and associations require members to complete a certain number of CPD points each year to maintain their membership. The number of CPD points required can vary but typically ranges from 10 to 20 points per year.
CPD points are awarded for completing CPD activities, such as attending courses, workshops, and conferences, participating in online learning, or completing on-the-job training. Each activity is assigned a certain number of points, depending on its duration and content.
What are our courses?
Check out our courses:
At Builders CPD points online, we take your lifelong learning seriously. That’s why we offer several CPD courses online across a variety of areas, including:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Within the Building Industry
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Within the Building Industry Part 2
- Security of Payment
- Writing Safe Work Method Statements
- Builders Sales Training
- Training Creating and understanding Residential Building Contracts
- Effective Design Orientation
- Effectively managing project
- Construction project estimating
- Social Media Marketing for your business
- Organisation tools for success
- Work-life Balance how to achieve it
At Builders CPD Points Online, we’re committed to providing building and construction courses online – and the same applies to our CPD courses. Taking CPD points online allows you to make strides in your career without the hassle of taking time off from work. The best part? Our courses are simple, user-friendly, quick, and affordable. Try out a course today!